Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Welcome to the Family, Tersha!

Born: 24 July 2012
We joyfully welcome you to the family!
When I was first told by your mom that she is expecting the third child, I was in Tokyo. I can't sleep that night. It was a feeling of happiness and worry, of how your mom and I could cope with three kids. It was near Christmas, and I was reading the narration in the Bible about nativity that night. One verse caught my mind, and it was these words, 'Unto us a child is born.' It was like God is assuring me that a child is given to me, and this child would be a blessing to the world. All my worries faded.

Your name is called Tersha, which is a variant for Tertia, with Latin root which means simply 'The Third". You are my third. A precious Third to your mom and I. Your name in mandarin is 林舒慰. When I needed some inspiration for a name, I turn to the Bible as I did for Fidel and  Habel. Your mandarin name was derived from two key words in Psalms 23. The Lord as our shepherd, He 'restores' our souls, His rod and his staff 'comfort' us. I pray that God will continuously give you restoration and comfort in your life. That was how your name is given. May you grow daily in His grace and gain knowledge of Him day by day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment